Monday, March 22, 2010

This song is for Matt

I was listening to my sister's i-pod today and I found this amazing song that is for Matt... I am going to change the name to Matt...

Matt is over and Matt is gone
Matt's decided it's time to move on
Matt has new dreams he's building upon
And I'm still hurting
Matt arrived at the end of the line
Matt's convinced that the problems are mine
Matt is probably feeling just fine
And I'm still hurting
What about lies, Matthew?
What about things
That you swore to be true
What about you, Matthew
What about you
Matt is sure something wonderful died
Matt decides it's his right to decide
Matt's got secrets he doesn't confide
And I'm still hurting
Go and hide and run away
Run away, run and find something better
Go and ride the sun away
Run away like it's simple
Like it's right...
Give me a day, Matt
Bring back the lies
Hang them back on the wall
Maybe I'd see
How you could be
So certain that we
Had no chance at all
Matt is over and where can I turn?
Covered with scars I did nothing to earn
Maybe there's somewhere a lesson to learn
But that wouldn't change the fact
That wouldn't speed the time
Once the foundation's cracked
And I'm Still Hurting

No comments:

Post a Comment