Sunday, September 26, 2010

Forever Friends

So I am so in love with this guy and I am so blessed to have met him. I honestly think that it was because of the fact that I placed Henslee that he came into my life. I can't believe that it hasn't even been a year yet and I am in love. I know the Lord played a huge role in putting us together. I couldn't have asked for anything better. He is my better half and I m grateful for the fact that Matt left me. I never thought I would say that either, but life does happen and things change and I am in love with the most amazing man in the world who loves Henslee and is willing to let her be apart of our lives forever! That is a huge sacrifice that he is doing for me. I know it's hard for him to except the fact that I "loved" another man, but he has forgiven me and loves me for who i am. I love him so very much and appreciate all he does for me. I still miss Henslee and love her, but she has her family. It does still hurt, but a different pain. I didn't see her for a whole month and I was still breathing!! That was the longest I have ever gone without seeing her and I am alive to speak about it so I guess I could go longer ;). (Not that I want to though). I hope that everyone knows I was able to heal because of the Lord and because of the fact that I have an amazing couple that helped me every step of the way!! They knew I was in pain and did everything to help me. They are the greatest people ever for always loving me even when i was a pill. ;)!! I love them so much and I love our open adoption. I couldn't have asked for a better couple to adopt Henslee. I love their family and can't wait to always stay connected. :) We are forever friends!

Scrapbook at WiddlyTinks.com
Scrapbooking Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

3 comments:

  1. I am soooo happy for you.. When they love you they dont look at or find your faults.. I feel the same way about Evelyn, she has blessed my life so much and I love my husband and he loves her too... I am soo happy for you girl.. Life definitly gets easier... each gap in between visits get easier too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I just found your blog and you are such a strong and loving woman! You deserve this wonderful man in your life. We are all human and have made mistakes. One of the things you said really struck a chord with me, "I hope one day they understand the sacrifice I made, not just the mistake." I am a birthmom too, and placed just this July. It's all so very new. But the true friends and people that are worth it will stick by you and love you no matter what. It may take a little while for people to understand your decision but know in your heart that you did the right thing and your sacrifice did give your daughter a family and provide for her. Nobody can find fault with you being the best mother you could be by placing her. I think it will just take some time for others to come to an understanding. Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Lindsey- I am also a new reader to your blog and something struck me as well.
    " He said he forgives me" I want to tell you that my best friend is a birthmother and she placed over 8 years ago and she married a guy that was able to "forgive" Her and he has been a brut and a stinker to her- the marriage is not so great.

    No one needs to forgive you, my dear! If anyone ACTS as though this part of your life is something THEY need to decide if it's forgivable to them- they are in the wrong!!! The Action proceeded this miracle. That is something YOU have already been forgiven of as I'm sure you worked through with the proper authorities and Heavenly Father. NO ONE should ever DEEM themselves worthy of passing judgment on your past. They Have NO right to and they were not part of it nor was your past ever meant to harm those in your future.
    If someone has an inner struggle with anything in YOUR past- they need to Look Inside themselves and better understand the Atonement.

    I sure hope this guy is awesome and it was just some error in writing. He needs to better understand that it is NOT his place to FORGIVE you and realize that YOU have done nothing to him.
    You are a beautiful Angel.Keep blogging and never settle for less than the best. I think back to my friend and the man she married... often wonder if she thought HE (a hypocritical idiot, self absorbed dude) was all she DESERVED since she had a scarred past. He Held her past over her head and I'm not sure if he's ever worked through any of his own issues to this day. (obviously you can tell- i want you to BE truly happy- not under the dillusion of a cute guy)
    YOU ROCK ETERNALLY! Take Care!

    ReplyDelete